Omer Guns...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FZJ80

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This summer I am planning on teaching myself to hunt underwater. The local shop swears that OMER guns are the best. The shop carries JBL and OMER only.

My needs are for a good gun that will work both in the local lakes (from 10-20 ft vis), and in the ocean. The owner reccomended to me an Excaliber 75.

Mostly though I just want opinions on OMER, and other options...

Thanks!

I went through the gun search here on SB a couple months ago and got some great advice. I settled on Riffe (Comp 3Xs) and am pretty stoked with it. I'm no expert but the thing I like compared to the gun I had before is that the connection from the rubbers to the shaft is nylon which eliminates the "ching" sound when you shoot, giving the fish a spit second to react. If JBL and Omer are metal on metal, go for the "silent" type. The fish don't even move until hit....or missed.

A wood stocked gun is generally much quieter than an aluminum stocked gun, so if you go with a JBL get one of their woody models. The quality is also better on the woodies than the regular model.

You can add aftermarket bands with nylon wishbones, so I would not make that my only consideration.

Omer is makes High end, top notch equipment. it's worth every penny. the North American rep is a total class act and is great help. Omer is one of our sponsors over at www.deeperblue.net. and Mark (the NA rep) is always willing to answer questions on his kit. buy Omer and don;t look back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom