Anthony'k Key or CoCo View?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wayne007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're planning a trip to Roatan in May and have heard wonderful things about Anthony's key and CoCo view. Some say CoCo view has rougher waters others say Athnony's key is rougher. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Wayne

Availability may make your decision for you. I contacted Coco View earlier this week. They didn't have any availability in May and only one week in June. Maybe a cancellation will pop up, though.

wayne007:
We're planning a trip to Roatan in May and have heard wonderful things about Anthony's key and CoCo view. Some say CoCo view has rougher waters others say Athnony's key is rougher. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Wayne

My first ocean dive trip was to Roatan at AKR, so I may be a bit prejudiced, but in 1989 there weren,t a lot of choices there (IIRC only AKR, FAntasy Island, and Coco View). I loved my time at Anthony's Key, but then I'd probably have been happy staying in tent at that point. Just getting to dive on a coral reef with critters that I'd only seen previously on PBS specials was like a fantasy come true. :crafty:

wayne, i moved your thread here, since Roatan is usually discussed as part of
Central American and not the Caribbean

(i am no geographer, nor was meant to be)

:wink:

At the time of year you're talking about the North Side "AKR" will be marginally smoother. The North side has a lot more diverse dive sites.

If you want to SHORE dive allot hold out for CoCo.
If you want to do 3 boat dives a day and see more diversity then the North side is for you.

I would also recomend you check out the Inn of Last Resort there accomdiations are a little nicer then AKR - and they will give you allot more personal service.

May is usually pretty still hot weather on Roatan. Usually the North side will be a little calmer unless a storm blows in (rare in May, but Roatan weather seems to have no rules so you never know). Both sides of the island should have nice diving in May.

Back
Top Bottom