computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ray jackson

Reaction score
Hi Ray Jackson here.

I am thinking of getting Oceanic VT PRO Computer.

Does anyone have any advice about it ? Good or Bad ?

Thanks very much !

Hi, Ray, and welcome to ScubaBoard. I've taken the liberty to move this thread to the computer forum in the hope that you will get more/better information here than you would in the Intro forum.

Unfortunately, I don't have any first hand experience with the computer you're considering, so I can't give you any first hand help. If you haven't already searched for past threads discussing this computer, you should start there.

Welcome to the board. It's more confusing this weekend that others as we do some housekeeping and make some changes to the forums, but things will settle down shortly and we hope that the board will be even easier to use and a more valuable reference than ever before.

ray jackson:
Hi Ray Jackson here.

I am thinking of getting Oceanic VT PRO Computer.

Does anyone have any advice about it ? Good or Bad ?

Thanks very much !

I have the Versa Pro and I like it a lot. I have no desire or need for the air integration of the VT (in fact I won't buy an AI computer), so I have never even looked at one, but it seems to be pretty much identical to mine except for that feature. I like the easy to read display, the ease of accessing the planner and log modes, and just the general operation of the unit.

thank you both for your help.. still learning how to get around on here lol. thanks again Ray Jackson

The VT Pro and the Aeris Elite are the exact same units with different names slapped on them. In the early days, they had a few issues with signal cut out, failures, etc... But it really seems as if that was corrected pretty quickly as we haven't had any problems with them in the last 8 months. They have great displays, easy to use, and packed with features.

The only real complaint I hear is the darn wrist straps are too long, but you can replace it with one of the standard watch straps for about 12 bucks. (In fact I've had a few people order them that way... it's easier for us since we have the watch tools to easily remove and replace the pins). Or run it on one of their retractors is nice, but otherwise, you can wear the wrist strap around your leg! They do that in case you have huge arms and wear a dry suit... but for everyone else, it's a bit much. You can also just cut the plastic strap down to size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom