Decompression Calculation on JAVA Cell Phones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyskigoteborg

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking for 5-10 beta testers of JDeco, a decompression software
based on Buhlmann ZHL16B with Erik Bakers gradient factors.

Especially I would like the testers to test the imperial version of this
program. The metrical version has already been tested extensively.
But some more tests would be nice of course :)

The program works on most mobile phones that can run JAVA applications.
For more information you can check www.jdeco.de and/or send me a mail
at info@jdeco.de

/Henning

I would like to thank all beta testers who have helped to improve
the program! A first "real" version is now available.

/Henning

Jai Bar:
I've downloaded and tried this software on a Nokia 6100, but it constantly crashes when trying to calculate a dive.

I know this issue with the Nokia 6100 - it happens in cases you have to little free memory available. The calculation thread uses quite some memory! Mail me on info@jdeco.de and I will send you the link to a version that needs less memory (but that also does not have gas mixing calculations).

/Henning

Tried your software on Nokia 7610
1. It always crushed when I tried to save Dive Series, save Mixes etc.
2. The registration number 72796 the program refused to accept it.
3. Best Mix > max END (ft) > does not allow over 99 ft ( I believe it's still in metric)
3.1. Best Mix > O2 narcotic = yes/no ??? If ppO2 > over 1.6 = "yes"

For your ref.: I have 12 MB card memory free and 5.7 MB free phone memory.

sfsusa:
Tried your software on Nokia 7610
1. It always crushed when I tried to save Dive Series, save Mixes etc.
2. The registration number 72796 the program refused to accept it.
3. Best Mix > max END (ft) > does not allow over 99 ft ( I believe it's still in metric)
3.1. Best Mix > O2 narcotic = yes/no ??? If ppO2 > over 1.6 = "yes"

For your ref.: I have 12 MB card memory free and 5.7 MB free phone memory.

Hello!

3) True! I limited the forms textfield to 2 digits. Will change that today so you can
enter up to three digits.

3.1) The version that is on the web right now allows to choose if O2 should be regarded as narcotic or not. From your question I guess you do not have that version.

2) The registration number, displayed in the phone is not supposed to be entered. Using this number you can obtain a registration key - see on www.jdeco.de - this key is then supposed to be entered in the program.

1) You have a lot of memory - indeed. Note, however, that a JAVA program on a phone uses three different kinds of memory, which all have to be large enough. The heap, for all the variables etc., the program memory, for the program. Of these two types of memory you seem to have plenty of. The third kind of memory is the persistent data storage. This is the storage where all the mix data, dive serie data, and settings data is written to as soon as you select the "save" option.

For your phone it seems that this third type of storage is simply to small. After all the 7610 is probably designed to have the maximum possible amount of storage for images.
Furthermore, it is a Symbian Phone, and the implementation of the JVM is probably a bit basic. Just for information: the program works even on a Ericsson T630 and T610
with much less memory than your phone has. The difference there is the quality of the JVM (JAVA virtual machine).

But we can eventually fix the problem - as also the Nokia 6100 problem was fixed. Just contact me on info@jdeco.de, explain the problems a bit more in detail (like exactly going through what you did until the crash came). Then we can try first a version that does not save any data into the persistent memory. And then we can test a version with a little bit less gas mixes, etc.

/Henning

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom