choises - hoseless air-integrated computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapeFear3

Registered
Reaction score
The research I've done so far has lead me to three hoseless air-integrated computers that seem top notch. Does anyone have any actual experience comparing at least two of the following: Oceanic VT Pro, Aeris Atmos Elite, and Suunto D9. They all seem to be excellent so I'm trying to find additional differentiation based on actual experience. Thank much!

CF3

The VT Pro and Atmos Elite are essentially the same computer—the only big difference is the button placement. The VT Pro also has slightly more internal memory and can store four more dives than the Atmos Elite. They are both made by Pelagic Pressure Systems, an Oceanic owned company (Aeris is basically an Oceanic sub brand).

No, I haven't compared those 3 computer other than on paper. Like Vie said the Oceanic and the Aeris are very close t the same computer. Look at the 2 companies websites, they are almost identical.

The Suunto is in a totally different league it's 3 gas switchable and uses RGBM along with the a bunch of other features not on the other 2 computers you mention.

If I had to buy one of the 3 off of paper spec's I'd lean towards the Suunto. Where are you? Your profile doesn't say much so I can't tell. If you are diving a drysuit sometimes the wristwatch models won't fit around your arm.

Personally, I lean towards Uwatec. But I'm partial since I sell them.

Dave

Thanks to both for the replies. Sorry about the profile, I'm new here and need to add some particulars. I'm located on the NC coast and dive a semi-dry suit (no dry suit yet) for cooler water temperatures. Also, Dave, what makes you partial to the Uwatecs (other than the fact you sell them)?

akscubainst:
No, I haven't compared those 3 computer other than on paper. Like Vie said the Oceanic and the Aeris are very close t the same computer. Look at the 2 companies websites, they are almost identical.

The Suunto is in a totally different league it's 3 gas switchable and uses RGBM along with the a bunch of other features not on the other 2 computers you mention.

If I had to buy one of the 3 off of paper spec's I'd lean towards the Suunto. Where are you? Your profile doesn't say much so I can't tell. If you are diving a drysuit sometimes the wristwatch models won't fit around your arm.

Personally, I lean towards Uwatec. But I'm partial since I sell them.

Dave

The current line of Uwatec air integrated computers for one, do not have user replacabale batteries. Call me weird but it's electronic and it goes in saltwater, if I don't have to be responsible for opening it up and properly resealing it then all the better.

Plus the life on the batts is increadible. I have like 400 cold water dives on mine plus all of the nights I've left it sitting in the rinse water (it stays on if it's wet) and I still have 78% of the battery left.

The batteries are lifetime replaced for free and the turnaround is quick.

The nice big square display is easy to read, big numbers and it's not all packed into a little hockey puck.

The menus are all accessed through touch rather than buttons which to me eliminates another failure point. Once you catch on to the menus then navigation through them if easy.

The downside is the Air Z uses the Memo mouse to download so it's another part you have to buy but I guess alot of manufactures require some sort of adapter.

The new Smart Tec is infra red downloadable and 3 gas switchable similar to the Suunto that you mentioned earlier.

Just my take, again, I'm partial so take it for what it's worth and makeup your own mind.

Dave

I have and use the VT Pro. It has not let me down since I bought it last year. I have over 45 hours on it. You have to buy the download cable separately. I like the fact that the numbers are nice and big and the operation is very simple if you read the manual. I'm looking at a Smart Tec, too....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom