Where to test equipment in MA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just got back from a week of great diving in Cozumel and recently purchased some new equipment from Lesuirepro (new regulator) that i went to test out. I don't have my own tank yet so I would need a place where i can rent one with a pool to test my new regulator. Any suggestions? I'm located near Malden/Revere, MA zipcode 02151. I just want to get in the water make sure everything is working alright

Thanks,
Mike

United Divers in Providence, RI has a 15 ft deep pool that is available for use.

Or you could just find a shore dive with an easy entry like Old Garden Beach...

There's also a few ponds around like Hathaway Pond in Barnstable. That's almost a pool. :D

You might want to get that regulator tuned before you use it. My leisurepro reg was way out of spec when I got it....

I just tested a new lightweight/travel bc before a trip at my gym's pool - I simply called and asked them (I go to BSC, and it seemed like a decision specific to my local gym). I had to go over there at 10 pm on a Friday night with all my certification info, but it was better than trying to get a tiny little travel bc over my drysuit.

Hathaway's is nice to test out new gear and practice skills. Very clear water, no surge/current and two dive platforms w/i short swim of shore. I dove there in early May of last year and the surface temp was near 60 degres F. Different story at depth...48 degrees F @ 40 ffw! Ugh! Good luck.

LobstaMan

You might try Tom Huff at Northeast Scuba in Chelmsford. You mentioned that you need a tank; he's an LDS with a relationship with the Lowell YMCA pool for test dives. He may not be crazy about the idea, since you didn't buy your reg from him, but if you rent his tank, maybe if you threw in a little extra you might work something out. He has very pleasant people in his shop. Good luck. I'm heading to Coz in late May, what did you see? Any tips?
Cheryl M.

Cheryl,

Just got back from Conzumel myself. Dove with Papa Hogg's. Good outfit. Dove Palancar reef/wall. Great vis. Expect drift dive, current but safe. Just can't surface on own and have to come up with group as lots of little boats ("Butt Thumpers") zipping around.

Macado, I agree with Cheryls comment re: reg. Don't want to advertise to shop you got it at LP.

Yeah, I realize most shops won't be very happy that I didn't buy the equipment from them. I guess my best bet would be to rent a tank somewhere and do a quick shore dive or use somebody's pool.

Macado, a buddy and I are going out for a shore dive saturday to try out/get comfortable with new gear. PM me if you're interested.

MSilvia:
Macado, a buddy and I are going out for a shore dive saturday to try out/get comfortable with new gear. PM me if you're interested.

If I get blown out from my dive on the Gauntlet, I may meet up with you guys.

Think I could test out my 3mm suit? :wink:

Soggy:
Think I could test out my 3mm suit? :wink:

Shh shh uuuure. n n nooo ppproblemmmmm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom