Roatan May 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chattycathy526

Registered
Reaction score
Planning a dive trip to Roatan May 18th...a friend had to back out at the last minute....any advise for a single woman diving in Roatan...would it even be a good idea?....anyone planning on being there during this time? Any advise would certainly be appreciated....also which resorts to you like best?

chattycathy,
I just returned from coco view on Roatan. I think it depends partly on your skill level. There are at least 2 boat dives plus 2 drop offs a day at coco view. The boat dives are all divemaster guided. I would go by my self, but that is a personal choice.

Have fun,
mike

I visited Roatan at " Fantasy Island" last August. (a dumb name I admit) My group had a great time and I can tell you that being a single woman will not be a problem.(we had a few on the trip and they fit right in with the couples) The diving was really good and the acomidations were fine (kinda like a US motel, don't expect anything fancy) In spite of the unsafe reputation of the main land, We found the island quite free of hassle and crime. Frankly, almost everyone on the island seems to be a diver or diver friendly. They seem to take special pride in a guests enjoyment. if you decide to explore Fantasy Island I would suggest you request dive master Miguel. He is quite remarkable and will make sure you are safe and happy.

Back
Top Bottom