Any new (to you) dive site goals for this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm always looking for new site ideas to supplement the old faithful's. I have been to Paddock Rock and Burnham's Ledge just once but I really enjoyed the topography so I plan to hit those sites more this year. I plan to hit the Crane Wreck and probably the Grecian.

Anyone else with new dive site goals for this year?

--Matt

I really want to get some video of her. I'd also like to do the Cape Ann spots I'm too lazy to carry my gear to now that I have a good dive boat. Mostly I just want to it to STOP SNOWING!!!!

I'd like to finally make it to the U-853, and I'm hoping to hit the Pug for the first time next week. Mostly though, I'm hoping dad's boat will be in working order and I'll finally be able to spend a lot more time exploring the Minot rocks off Cohasset/Scituate.

The U-853 is STILL one of my goal dives....seems it has been for 2 years now. Maybe this summer will be the lucky one. Burnhams Ledge is very nice...went there once last year and would definately put that on my schedule for this year. Since I have done most of my diving at Cape Ann I am hoping to do some different freshwater sites this year just to mix it up a bit. Memorial Day weekend I will be in Dutch Springs...never been there...want to see what its all about. Other than that...I just want to get back in the water! When is the Spring really going to arrive?

Going on a cruise in May. Already booked dives in Cozumel and Belize.

matt_unique:
I plan to hit the Crane Wreck
I'd like to get back there. Last time I went was in high seas with low vis and pisspoor ambient lighting. Several divers on the boat aborted before they hit 10 fsw.

What and where is the Crane Wreck? I could do a search, but I'm feeling lazy tonight. Thanks.

LobstaMan

I've had the Keys in my sites for some time. Hopefully I can get to them for the summer and I'm also planning Ginnie Springs for Caven cert.

LobstaMan:
What and where is the Crane Wreck? I could do a search, but I'm feeling lazy tonight. Thanks.

LobstaMan

Crane wreck is off Thatcher Island (Gloucester) in 150' of water. It's a crane that fell off a barge though I don't remember the year.

--Matt

Thanks Matt U, sounds interesting, if a little out of my depth range at this point.

Anyhow, my goals for this year are to take a few more specialty courses(Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, Buoyancy) and get my new gear set-up worked-out. Once that's squared away, I'd like to dive deeper and more often. Never been to the Pinthis or the Poling and those two wrecks are definitely on my sites to dive list for 2005. U-853?...maybe next year :eyebrow:

LobstaMan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom