ISDA Newfoundland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN Diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
To all divers in Newfoundland,

As you well know, we have an organization started known as the Industry Sport Diving Association in Newfoundland and Labrador trying to promote the industry as well as promote unity within the dive community. However, I am concerned that the organization is failing to unite the community, it seems to be divided even further. I would like people's opinions on this subject, even just a general rant about it. What do you think?

well im a diver here in newfoundland (corner brook) and iv never herd of isda before thats probley why it is failing becouse noone knows about it

What a great idea. I guess like Brandon Said you need to make yourself more known. I have never heard of it and I have been to NL twice for diving and hope to come back many more times......

TN Diver:
To all divers in Newfoundland,

As you well know, we have an organization started known as the Industry Sport Diving Association in Newfoundland and Labrador trying to promote the industry as well as promote unity within the dive community. However, I am concerned that the organization is failing to unite the community, it seems to be divided even further. I would like people's opinions on this subject, even just a general rant about it. What do you think?
I was born in NL but live in the US. Do you have a link to website that tells what they are trying to accomplish?
I am looking to go back to NL next summer and dive the Bell Island wrecks.
Chris

TN diver hasn't even logged on since May so I don't think we'll here from him anytime soon. Add me to the list of divers who have never heard of ISDA. Talk about failing to unite us, you need to inform us first.

mikej38:
Here is a link to their site. I attended the treasure hunt in Trinity N.L. last weekend. We all had a great time.
http://www.seaconquest.ca/ISDA/
Checked your link....looks like a good time.
C-Dawg

jiveturkey:
TN diver hasn't even logged on since May so I don't think we'll here from him anytime soon. Add me to the list of divers who have never heard of ISDA. Talk about failing to unite us, you need to inform us first.

Sorry Folks,

Work has kept me from the water and keyboard. Really unfortunate that people on the west coast of the province has not heard of the organization or other people on the island. My problem with it all, is the fact that it seems like Ontario and BC and other provinces have a united underwater federation or some type of organization but yet here in Newfoundland, it always seems there is the divide and conquer attitude (especially in the Greater St.John's Area). Would people around the island support such an organization if they were notifed of a such group.

Back
Top Bottom