Are your gauges scratched? This helped me!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hafa Adai to anyone that reads this thread. I'm here in Guam and my wife and I just went on a dive a Gun Beach. Maybe some of you have heard stories about that little dive spot. Anyway, there is a groove cut out, about 4-5 feet wide for a few cables. On calm days you can scuba or snorkle out the passage. Anyway, last week was easy going out but on the way in 4 foot waves were crashing over the reef and causing a strong undertow out and through the canels. Needless to say my wife didn't really enjoy it, and ended up scratching the face of her gauges!!!

Maybe you already know this. But we ended up putting "CLEAR NAIL POLISH" over the scratches and the gauges ended up looking real nice. You can now see all the depths and tank preasure with no problem. I hope that helps somebody out there. Enjoy and happy diving!!!!

Its not as bad as explaining why I used to have pantyhose in mine.:)

gypsyjim:
Thanks alot. Now I have to be prepared to explain why I have nail pollish in my dive bag.
Maybe you wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't bright pink. :wink:

Yeah, and can someone give me a good tip on what nylons can be used for in diving?

dlndavid:
Yeah, and can someone give me a good tip on what nylons can be used for in diving?
Meeting Sailors.

makes it easier to get into your wetsuit... Hikers like them too because they are great for preventing blisters ... it's just embarrasing going into the store to buy them... so you send a lady friend to get them for you :wink:

Tim

P.S. That last tip came from my brothers D.I. in boot camp ... followed by all the guys in the barraks raiding the "egg rack" at the local 7-11 - he said it was a hilarious sight to see...

They also keep you warmer. I wear thigh highs when I work outdoors during the winter. Football players also wear them.

Back
Top Bottom