Oceanic Veo 180 - thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
Looking for a computer. I can't afford an advanced one, not do I really need one right now. The Oceanic Veo 180 is what I can afford and seems nice enough from what I read in their description. Any thoughts good or bad on this one?

Thanks

2 Bar:
Looking for a computer. I can't afford an advanced one, not do I really need one right now. The Oceanic Veo 180 is what I can afford and seems nice enough from what I read in their description. Any thoughts good or bad on this one?

Thanks

If you're going to do it as a wrist computer or put it on a retractor, I'd say do the Aeris Atmos 2 as the 2 button is much easier to use and the display is bigger. But if you're getting something to drop into a pre-existing console, then the Veo will be a good choice since it's a standard size. And it will be a bit cheaper, in the low 200's instead of the high 200's.

2 Bar:

Thanks

I have the veo 180 mounted on my hose as a back-up to my Oceanic datamax. I think its fine but I'd want something with larger numbers for primary .It's a good puter for the money and Oceanic is great on service..

My main concern was getting a cheap computer. I have been doing fine with my gauges and writing in and out times om my slate with my Gshock watch. I will still use my gauge for depth. I just wanted a cheap computer to remember what I forget to write on my slate.

I was only going to spend as much as the Oceanic because it does Nitrox. As long as no one tells me not to get it, I think I will. If the store I go to has both, I will compare them.

You can pick up a VEO200 console with gauge and compass on Leisurepro for $264. You can get just the wrist mount for $214.

yes. Im going to be picking up a veo200. I talked to an oceanic sales rep and he said that the only difference between the veo200 and the veo250 is the fact that the 250 replaces the 200 with newer styling. also, the only difference between the 200/250 and the versa pro is the size of the numbers and the display.

Ah! The VEO 200 looks cool. Good deal. I will be going to Leisure Pro this week. Thanks for that advice.

I bought the VEO200 from leisure pro....just hope my LDS isn't mad at me, though considering I just purchased a new DUI TLS350 from him, I don't think he'll be too mad lol! Good luck. I haven't got to dive it yet as I just got it this past weekend but I've been going through the features and it definitely has everything I want.

So I made it to Leisure Pro yesterday and picked up the VEO200. I haven't had much time to play with it, but I like it. This Tuesday I am going to Nassau, so it'll get wet quick.

Back
Top Bottom