Stonington Point Diving Report 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tampico_ED

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Steve, Don, Rory and I headed to Stonington beach to start the diving season. We had to divide our group into Dry (Don, Me) and Non-Dry gloves teams ( :))
We dove into out dive gear not knowing what to expect. We actually considered to call the dive due the forecast man (rain). Thanks G they are always wrong. Beautiful day sunny fair wind no surge at all. As we went into the water we did our final check and give the thumbs down signal. As we navigate into a single group, five minutes into the dive we split into two groups. Conditions were poor still not difficult to follow each others track. Sediment and cold temperature (around 37@15) made it quite a unexpected challenge. We went West then South; we could not spot any sea life. The surge has change the bottom raveling a new landscape with new things to see. After 35 mins we decide to head back to the beach. Slowly swimming back we start to swim against a weak but noticeable current. We end the dive after 56mins. We were very satisfied to have started the season. No better way to celebrate Eastern!!!

Ed
Bottom Time 56
Min Temperature 37

temps only 37 down that way, (i'm in boston) yikes!! I was hoping CT and RI would be warming up soon.

keep us posted on the temps down your way. I'm eager to get in the water and thought that CT and RI might warm up a few weeks before MA waters...Stonington sounds like a nice relaxing site..have to keep that in mind if I'm down that way.

cheers all

Back
Top Bottom