Sardinia/Sardegna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hal

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of must-see dive sites around Costa Paradiso in Sardinia (Northern Sardinia not far from .Santa Teresa di Gallura)? Good dive shops?

We'll have a week there in June and would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

Hal

I dove a place called Cernia di Lavezzi which is off Sardinia's northern coast - in between Sardinia and Corsica. The diving was ok, nothing to write home about really. There are lots of groupers who readily approach the divers. That's the main draw. I dove with the Orso Diving Club. Can't recall the town it was located in but its basically west of Porto Cervo. I read my dive log and the first dive was truly stellar:

- dive computer didn't work
- my Air2 had a leak so I had to rent a BC
- ate too much before the dive
- mask fogged entire time
- dive buddy set off his computer alarm

I came up early as a safety measure.

Oh yeah, I left my C-card at the shop also. Lol

Sounds like a good time. Might just stay away from there in case its jinxed!

I have heard that the marine sanctuary around corsica is nice. Would like to try to make it over there if I get the opportunity.

Hal

Sardinia is very nice expecially the north and dive shops are also good.

BUT i don't want to misunderstand you: SHOP = seller for equipement?
SPOT = place to dive?

is it right?

ciao, Marco

By shops I mean centro d'immersione and sites - punti d'immersione. I have been diving in Santa Teresa di Gallura. Don't know Costa Paradiso or the local shops. Group I went diving with (and did dive training with back in 2000) was a German group that goes there every year.

Hal

I know Costa Paradiso very well and know the diving centre there also.

The owner Poppi is a very nice guy. A little bit crazy but great. I have been there for 4 year in a raw and know pretty much all the dive spot. My actual girl friend and mother of my son was actually working there as dive master before becoming instructor. What you have to do there is just prepare your gear then the staff will do the rest. Also when you finish the dive and have to go back into the rubber dinghy you give your gear and then you go up. No effort at all.

All the site (approximately 40) are reachable between 2 to 10 min with rubber dinghy. Maximum depth you have is 40 m (± 130 feet) so no risk to escape for the PADI restrictions. Plenty of cave, walls, red corral, lobster, … You want find plenty of fishes but the caves are really nice.

June is great as there are not so many people. Italian are in holliday during the month of August. You can also book with them . Usually they have good price at least when I did with them.

Here below the link to their web site
http://www.costaparadisodiving.it/contattaci.htm

The web site show you the possible English version. Beside the introduction all the links are than in Italian.

If you go there do not hesitate to give my name. They know me as Barchetta.

If you have any further question you can PM and will be glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom