Mares M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

molksmith

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there aquanauts,
I know there are all kinds of opinions on the M1 from the hard to push buttons to other stuff...but it is my first dive computer and i am as happy as a pig in you know what...my question is other than the pdf manual are there any tips or tricks that anyone could pass my way about the M1. Any good user sites, or things you have learned from using it.
Any info would be kindly appreciated and surely grant you great karma in this life...
hahaha...

Oh! If you press and hold both buttons, the display lights up REALLY bright at night. If you're doing a recreational night dive, you could probably skip a tank marker, it's pretty bright. It will stay lit for the entire dive like that. There's a setting (I think) that allows it to flash on and off, but I just leave it on.

It will ask for a safety stop on every dive that's deeper than 30 feet. If you ignore it, it won't lock you out or anything stupid. Doing a safety stop on a 15 minute dive where your max depth is 30 feet is sort of ridiculous.

Best piece of advice - keep some AAA's in your dive bag. I've been on a boat and had the batteries die... the beauty of user replaceable is that they're um... replaceable... but make sure you've got batteries to actually replace with.

Back
Top Bottom