Pulau (Philippines Diving) in late May 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueIce

Reaction score
Hi! I am looking for kakis to try diving at Pulau end May 2005. For those who has been there, kindly share your experience, for those who plan to go there, please drop me a note. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Paolov, I actually got to learn about Pulau after seeing the 'Survivor @ Pulau' on Channel 5. But Pulau doesn't seem to be a popular dive site, it is so difficult to find info about this island on internet, but surprisingly the marine life on TV seem so magnificient.

BlueIce:
Thanks Paolov, I actually got to learn about Pulau after seeing the 'Survivor @ Pulau' on Channel 5. But Pulau doesn't seem to be a popular dive site, it is so difficult to find info about this island on internet, but surprisingly the marine life on TV seem so magnificient.

Its actually spelled "Palau"

BlueIce:
Like Axua mentionned, it is spelled Palau and if you type "palau diving" in google, you'll have tons of info. It is a really well known dive destination amongst the community...anyway, it's my #1 "dream" destination with truk lagoon and PNG...maybe one day when I'll be richer!
Hope you'll find what you are looking for!

rockbeauty:
Like Axua mentionned, it is spelled Palau and if you type "palau diving" in google, you'll have tons of info. It is a really well known dive destination amongst the community...anyway, it's my #1 "dream" destination with truk lagoon and PNG...maybe one day when I'll be richer!
Hope you'll find what you are looking for!

I believe "Pulau" spelling is correct. It's Pulau Aur, a dive site in Malaysia.
Sometimes reference of "pulau" is also applied to Pulau Sipadan. Both are great dives.

clgsamson:
I believe "Pulau" spelling is correct. It's Pulau Aur, a dive site in Malaysia.
Sometimes reference of "pulau" is also applied to Pulau Sipadan. Both are great dives.

Thats correct, on the South China Sea...I wish those Malaysians would use normal international names like Bohol, Cebu or Tubbataha Reefs

Just because a mindless show like Survivor uses that island does not mean anything.

Dive Safe

the initial post is in reference to BlueICe subject :

"Pulau (Philippines Diving) in late May 2005"

in refernce to the Philippines, Palau is the closest one there is , hence the reference to Palau , nearest the philipine teritory. The west side of Palau islands is covered by the PHILIPPINES SEA.

However the Survivor show at Pulau Tiga is indeed in Malaysia.

paolov:
the initial post is in reference to BlueICe subject :

"Pulau (Philippines Diving) in late May 2005"

in refernce to the Philippines, Palau is the closest one there is , hence the reference to Palau , nearest the philipine teritory. The west side of Palau islands is covered by the PHILIPPINES SEA.

However the Survivor show at Pulau Tiga is indeed in Malaysia.

The southern most tip of Palawan, Philippines maybe closer to Pulau Tiga than the eastern most side of Mindanao, Philippines is to Palau (US Trust Territory).

Borneo would be a better site to look for Pulau Tiga.

Dive Safe

Back
Top Bottom