Deco software

Which Deco Software do you use?

• Deco-Planner (GUE)

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • V-Planner

Votes: 53 53.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimholcomb

Reaction score
I have Z-planner, V-planner, Deco-planner and have just downloaded GAP. Is GAP the most user UNFRIENDLY program out there or is it just me??? BTW, you can check more than one on the poll.

I agree about GAP. You do realize that Z-Planner is just an out of date version of V-Planner, right? It's been superceded and shouldn't be used is what I heard.

Tom

I found GAP pretty easy to use after I played with it for about 20 minutes. I've run many different profiles through it and Voyager, coming up with almost identical results(to within 1-2 minutes of deco time on 2 hour deco dives). Those figures are with ZERO conservatism. They came within 10% of the US Navy tables, too, and when they were far off they were on the conservative side. I have not yet played with V-Planner or Deco-Planner.

Mike

Originally posted by WreckWriter
I agree about GAP. You do realize that Z-Planner is just an out of date version of V-Planner, right? It's been superceded and shouldn't be used is what I heard.

Tom
z planner is more accurate for shallow dives as v planner is to conservative for shallower dives. Apparantly this will be addressed in the next version of v planner.

I agree on GAP! Not user friendly.

I use decoplanner most but also found the times to be very similar with decoplanner and v-planner.

One of the coolest things about decoplanner is you can run a set of tables that will give different depths and times. You can print this out and have it laminated and just keep it in your wetnotes for reference. Very handy and beats having to write out the stops by hand! I made one set of tables for 34% and one for 32% I put deco with O2 on one side and without O2 on the other. Just in case some A-hole steals my O2 bottle... or something else unforseen happens to it.

DSAO!

That's a damn good idea.

Tom

Originally posted by WYDT
I made one set of tables for 34% and one for 32% I put deco with O2 on one side and without O2 on the other. Just in case some A-hole steals my O2 bottle... or something else unforseen happens to it.

DSAO!

Interesting. What do you (or the authors of the software) consider as shallow?

Tom

Originally posted by Mr Crab
z planner is more accurate for shallow dives as v planner is to conservative for shallower dives. Apparantly this will be addressed in the next version of v planner.

I recently got DPlan on my PDA and so far really like it. It is a "palm" version of DecoPlanner. There are other dive applications for palm e.g. mixing programs.

Robert:doctor:

Originally posted by WreckWriter
Interesting. What do you (or the authors of the software) consider as shallow?

Tom

Here is a message posted to rec.scuba by the creator of the program .
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=v...0204130903.7378178c@posting.google.com&rnum=3

Run identical profiles and you can see the difference, for example 80 fsw for 60 you get about 10 minutes less deco on z planner which is closer to the tables.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom