Accident Investigations and Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnSnider

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was curious if there was any organization that investigated SCUBA incidents?

As a firefighter, I often review coroner's inquests recommendations (in Ontario) and elsewhere, I review investigation reports of firefighter fatalities. I find these very informative from a training perspective and often pro-active in saving my butt!

I'm sure there a various organizations (i.e. Government Labour Sections) that would investigate incidents (i.e. work related SCUBA problems).

If anyone has any such reports, I'd be very interested in reviewing them. I know a lot might be available on-line.... I just don't know where.

Maybe you could post some here (or links to them). I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Also, it helps substantiate and/or dismiss some of the rumours that surround SCUBA incidents.

Thanks all!

John

You might want to try DAN (Divers Alert Network.) They publish an annual Dive Accident and Fatality Report which is available online for members, as well as a hard copy version for purchase.
Hope this helps.www.diversalertnetwork.org

That should be www.iucrr.org

Also try the NACD website they have some cave accident analysis.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom