New Uwatec Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lock_washer

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the new computers from Uwatec? Particullary the Aladin Tec and the Aladin Prime? Has anyone dove with them? I am thinking of purchasing one, and I would appreciate any information or wisdom?

Thanks,

lock_washer

I am also interested in these two new comps. I haven't seen much yet about them on scubaboard. I also recently checked uwatec's website and there is no info on them... I've only seen them in scubapro's brochure/site.

As a relatively new diver, I have basic needs, but I know that I'd like to be able to expand my diving horizons when I'd like, so I'd like to have equipment that can follow me there. Right now, the tops on my list for computers to look at are the Aladin TEC, the Oceanic VT Pro, or the Aeris Elite. I'd like to learn more about the new Aladin's though!

Well...I just fired off some emails to Editors of Undercurrents Magazine and Scuba Diving Magazine...hopefully I can get a response from them.

Looks pretty in the pictures, though I can't tell the difference between the two models. I wonder what the street prices will be? $250 - $300 for the upper of the two I'd guess.

Vie:

Minor gripe, but I really wish companies that made websites checked them for standard HTML, rather than just using whatever works on IE. Those of us that prefer not to use M$ tools can't see the pretty pictures :17:

Also, one of the "tekkie" instructors at my store has the (I believe 3G) cosole unit, and loves it. But it looks too high tech for me :wink:

I've sold 2 primes and have one in the case right now. What do you want to know? I haven't got the Tec in yet still waiting for it.

Dave

Today I actually talked with the tech instructor at my LDS and he really seemed to like the new Uwatec Tec. He said that it is a great computer and he uses it mainly for backup to his tables (GUE Deco Planner.) When compairing it to the deco planner he found the computer to be more liberal, although he says he has the safty factor set kind of high, but when he lowers the factor to like 50% the deco times pretty much match. And if you want a greater safety factor you can always turn on the micro bubble setting; although in my opinion the micro bubble is annoying to use. One of the other nice features he talked about was how the computer DOES NOT lock up when switching a mix with a PPO2 greater than 1.6, the computer allows you to switch and still calculates the deco time. He said that he had problems with the Vytech locking up. When I asked him to compair it to the VR3 he said that if you are not planning on using a CCR rebreather, or doing trimix the Tec was a better buy. Also the computer can use the Uwatec Thingi (sorry forgot what it was called) to monitor the PPO2 from a rebreater. If you have any other questions about the computer just ask. Hope this helps.
P.S. the tec will set you back 1300 big ones.

Justin

Well that was stupid. I just worte an entire post about nothing you wanted. Well I confused the Smart Tec Wrist with the Aladan Tec Wrist. My post was about the Smart Tec Wrist only, sorry about that.

WaTeRwEaSeL:
Well that was stupid. I just worte an entire post about nothing you wanted. Well I confused the Smart Tec Wrist with the Aladan Tec Wrist. My post was about the Smart Tec Wrist only, sorry about that.

yeah, but it was great info anyway... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom