Wow! Today's Diver's Down TV show is only 8 years old!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I really love the show but jeez! Does anyone know if they plan on doing any new shows?

I hate to say it (Especially as a dive shop owner) , but it's probably a sign of the times. I don't think there is as much participation/excitement in local dive activities as there was when the the show first began. As a result I would guess there is less money availiable for advertising which = less new shows.

Paul

I wish tivo had episode info for these so I could tell if I've seen it. As it is, I just assume I have as that's usually the case, and don't bother recording it anymore.

I have the TV listings as part of my My Yahoo page. When I click on a show it says the original air date. That's how I knew.

As an aside, I went to the Diver's Down TV website. The Gallery was "Updated 11.7.97"

Hmm....

I heard a report yesterday that last years lobster catch was of record proportions. Now I hear less interest in diving. Sounds like more lobsters available with less competition. OK by me. OK just kidding, I feel for the LDS owners if there is less interest in diving. I personally try to drag everyone I know into diving. I am bringing a friend to a shop with me tomorrow to sign him up. I guess it is fortunate that I never seem to catch DD so it will take me a few years to catch all episodes. I don't think DD was ever a big money making proposition so I am grateful that the producers were dedicated enough to put together the episodes they did.

DD is on at 5pm Fridays and 12:30pm Sundays NESN

According to www.diversdowntv.com new episodes on the way, but like previously stated been a while since the site was updated. Also I dont believe NESN is really looking to "finance" the endevour.

I too would like to see more episodes and more educational/instructional segments on how to be a better diver rather than just underwater photos/vids all the time (perfect subjects would be bouyancy control, rescue, emergency assents, things like that). Perhaps if DD looked to forge a partnership with local dive shops adn instructors, be sort of an informational info-mercial for the LDS.

Kudos to Mr Stanton and his crew, you dont see me out there lugging a video camera around!!

Back
Top Bottom