North western cave diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
List,
Just got back from the North western parts of Thailand and dove a couple of interesting caves. One cave did have a large room and did have plenty of passage ways. The other ended being a swim through from one side of the island to the other. Definelty was a interesting trip had nice weather, descent rooms and alot of fun. Planning on another trip in a couple of weeks just for exploration with hopes of offering trips later this year.

Bruce

Where execatly did you do this cave diving, your post mentions an Island swim through and the N.W. of Thailand - this doesn't sit well with my mental map of Thailand!!

Details would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Dave

I just came back from Thailand, Krabi region.

That is South-West, but just off Ao Nang, at little more than half an hour by long-tail boat, there is indeed an island you can swim under all the way, I haven't done it, and I can't remember the name, but I suppose I can find out in a relatively short time.

dlarbale
To answer your question to where I was diving in the caverns and swim through it was Northwest of Bangkok by a couple of hours.

Chiara
Sorry you where wrong however I just got off the plane and I was diving in Phuket for the past two weeks. I did manage to dive in two caverns while I was there. I will be going back to do some more cave diving in the future hoping to find some more caves.

Bruce

Bruce,

Thinking of heading to Phuket over x-mass & new-year. A friend of mine works there and he's never mentioned any caves.

So where are they and which company organises trips (or was this a self organised expo)?

Regards - Dave.

Dave,
I was down there teaching technical courses and looking for caves. I am interested in teaching cave courses here in Thailand in the future. My friend has a shop down there in Phuket that I was staying at. If you would like to see the caverns I can organize the trip for you to see them. Again these where only caverns they were not full caves or anything but quite nice. I thought they would be good for teaching a beginning cavern courses on. On one dive we went into the biggest cavern come out swam over to the second went through both on one dive. I should have locations of more caves before the end of the year.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom