ban for nubble light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nite_diver

Reaction score
bunch of us are planning on diving nubble light next sunday and i was under the impression the ban for diving was memorial day week-end. one of the divers thinks it is april 1st. has any one ever had a problem diving there early in the season. i know the ban is in effect during the summer on sundays for the tour boat, but i hardly think it would be out this early. i've been wrong before so any help would be of great help

nite_diver

There is no diving allowed on Sundays from April 1 to Oct. 31 or on any holidays between those dates. Some other sites indicate never on Sunday or holidays.

DSDO

Alan

Is there any alternative to nubble in Maine without having to travel much further. Any sites just up the road form nubbe ?

There's Fort Foster in Kittery. A nice dive with a varied structure but very shallow and it costs to get in the park. Going south to Cape Ann, Ma is always the best bet, many good sites and you will not get washed out due to north and south facing sites.

You are correct sir. The following is a direct email response from the Town of York Maine's Recreation Department Director who is the man in charge of such things.

Hi Patrick, As the ordinance reads; scuba diving is prohibited on Sundays and National Holidays from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October. This ordinance doesn’t change. It is the same year after year. Thanks for the inquiry. Mike

Cecil:
There's Fort Foster in Kittery. A nice dive with a varied structure but very shallow and it costs to get in the park. Going south to Cape Ann, Ma is always the best bet, many good sites and you will not get washed out due to north and south facing sites.

I don't think that FF is yet open.

Back
Top Bottom