San Diego Diving 4/4-4/6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloppyFoot

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just back from a trip to Australia and now I'm in San Diego on business for the next few days. Since I've got all my gear, why not go diving?

Any recommendations for a place to go for an afternoon? Anyone looking for a dive buddy?

FloppyFoot

Subscribe to the divebums.com list, or email Steve@divebums.com and ask him to post a request for a dive buddy on the list. I would suggest you go out on a boat dive with Gottadive.com or the loisann.com. You will have the most fun doing it this way!

Hope you have fun!

Sean,

Thanks for the reply. I managed to connect with Artmeister24 who was out here from Atlanta and had his boat dive cancelled on us. Neither of us have dived this area so we headed to La Jolla Cove and had a nice time despite the chilly water (well, it sure felt chilly after just getting back from the GBR).

Dive conditions were listed at the life guard shack as 'fair'. Temp at the top was 59 and bottom was 56. Vis around 15'. Swam out to near the 1/4 mile marker buoy and dropped down. We were immediately treated to a visit by a very curious giant sea bass, which was kind enough to make several passes around us. Lots of sand bass, some silver bait fish, a few blacksmith, and numerous girabaldi in the shallows.

Fun dive. I might even come back... but I think I'll wait for the water to pass 60 degrees :).

FloppyFoot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom