Learning Diving in Nice / Cote d'Azur?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arnelson1

New
Reaction score
hi--
I'm going to be in / around Nice for a week in May and I'd like to take SCUBA lessons and go diving while I'm there. Does anyone have any recommendations where I can learn? My french is very basic--will language be a problem?
thanks,
andrea

Dive Cannes, etc.
see http://www.beyond.fr/sports/diving.html for a long listing of dive shops in the south of France.

I've been diving twice with
Plongée Club de Cannes
quai St Pierre - vieux port
(also at 46 r Clémenceau)
tel: (33) 493 38 67 57

See
http://www.sylpa.com/
(their boat). Note that the site gives you English or French (pick on the home page).

Dove with them last November for a morning (1 tank) dive and did the same with them the year before as well.

Rented all gear except mask and reg/computer

225 FF if I remember, all inclusive. (Cheaper if you don't need to rent stuff.)

Very friendly, helpful (I speak very, very little French, n'est pas. And they spoke little english). maybe 10 divers on the boat. Plonc (wine), brie, pan and sausage (?) after the dive. Nice morning. If I remember, they leave the quai at 9 AM ...

Not sure what taking training with them would be like. Some of them spoke OK English. Patrick's English (the boat owner and apparently the owner of the dive shop) is a bit weak. But the two divemasters on the boat were OK. (So was Patrick but it might a struggle doing a class with him -- if he teaches...)

If you're just looking for an open water cert (basic), this should work. Don't remember what agency they're affiliated with. Their boat's web site (home page) says "association nationale des moniteurs de plongee" (ANMP). But if you work your way into the site, you'll see they're PADI as well.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom