Mini Sub arrives!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoProHonduras

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

I just got back in after a bit of excitement as tonight a mini submarine arrived that will operate out of Utila.

The mini sub is a trainer version that is rated to 300ft and will be used to train divers who wish to become mini sub pilots, currently there are 2 other subs being developed for the island that can hold up to 10 passengers and 4 divers for a lock out chamber, that will be fitted.

The sub is expected to be operating in the next 14 days and in addition for training programs will also accommodate day passengers and is also available for private charters. The mini sub we have here at the moment can take a pilot and 2 passengers, either pilot trainees or tourists.

I will keep posting on this board as developments occur and in the next few months soon will have a website up with a photo gallery.

So if anyone's planning to come to Utila and doesn't know what to do on their last day before flying..........??????????

Speak to you soon!

Wow! Business must be good. What's that puppy worth? If you don't mind me asking.

Congrats.

How much would it cost to be a passenger??? We will be in Utila from April 16 - 23... We could be your test passengers......

ScubaDoobaDo:
How much would it cost to be a passenger??? We will be in Utila from April 16 - 23... We could be your test passengers......

The unit has already ran a series of dry pressure tests in West Palm, FL, but we'll be doing the first water and passenger tests up over the next few days.

Just stop by Utila Dive Centre when you're on the island and we can talk about a charter!

Best wishes on your new very cool toy. Yet another reason to stop by and visit your operation! Good luck!

We will be in Utila the 19th throught the 21st and we are diving with Utila dive Center. My boyfriend is very interested in the sub. Hopefully it will be up and running by then?

Heifina:
We will be in Utila the 19th throught the 21st and we are diving with Utila dive Center. My boyfriend is very interested in the sub. Hopefully it will be up and running by then?

I hope so as well, right now we're still waiting on the support team and trainers to fly down from FL, I'll be around the Utila Dive Center on those dates so can talk to you about it closer to the time. Hope you're looking forward to your visit, I was out this morning and we had another Whale shark sighting!

Good! Have you been seeing a lot lately? I hope there are a lot down there next week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom