the water is cold!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The water is colder than it's been all year....BRRRR! people from all over so-cal have been giving me cold-water reports from san diego all the way up to Malibu... or maybe my Neoprene in my wet suit is just all destroyed.

either way, wet-suit divers beware! bundle-up, avoid deep dives, multiple dives, night-dives, and wet dives...god, even dry-suit divers were complaining this weekend!

brrrr......

and remember, if your temperature reading underwater doesn't say 49 degrees, its broke!

Scott

Scott, although I agree the temps are a tad lower, I think your wetsuit needs to be replaced! I was aware of the cold on our dives, but never considered aborting them!

Here is the wetsuit I use:

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/dive/home.html

click on the Titanuim Polar Quad-Density (integrated hood, the suit ROCKS!)

Alway buy a NEW wetsuit!! :)

divebuddysean:
Scott, although I agree the temps are a tad lower, I think your wetsuit needs to be replaced! I was aware of the cold on our dives, but never considered aborting them!

Here is the wetsuit I use:

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/dive/home.html

click on the Titanuim Polar Quad-Density (integrated hood, the suit ROCKS!)

Alway buy a NEW wetsuit!! :)

I second the "the suit ROCKS!" statement. I stayed roasty toasty this weekend and no problems. Plus the front zipper across the chest looks cool, :wink: 9-7-6 all the way (well at least in the wetsuit world).

Second that, that suit rocks.........don't know if they make them big enough for Scott though, he may have to go on a diet first..

Scott.... come and dive the Great Lakes for a week and when you go back to CA it'll remind you of bath water. Got wet this last weekend with the water temp at a steamy 38 degrees. Come summer it will really be cookin from 44 to a toasty 55 depending on which lake your in. I know I'm not much help here, but I wasn't trying to be. Just hope it makes you feel better knowing that some of us don't have it quite as good as you do. Have a great one.

Respectfully,

Fred

JustDiveIt:
Scott.... come and dive the Great Lakes for a week and when you go back to CA it'll remind you of bath water. Got wet this last weekend with the water temp at a steamy 38 degrees. Come summer it will really be cookin from 44 to a toasty 55 depending on which lake your in. I know I'm not much help here, but I wasn't trying to be. Just hope it makes you feel better knowing that some of us don't have it quite as good as you do. Have a great one.

Respectfully,

Fred

I grew up in buffalo, so I know how crummy the great lakes can be. We have it pretty good here. Once I get my new excel polar-quad wet suit, I'll feel like I'm in bath water. I'm feeling better already. Thanks!

Scott

You're welcome Scott.

Wasn't there some offshore flow last week that probably brought up deeper, colder water along the mainland? Hopefully it's not a long-term thing. Then again, if you're looking for a new wetsuit, I'm ultra-toasty in my four-month-old hooded JMJ Predator. Just about as warm as my drysuit!

It was 50 degrees at 45' in Laguna on Sunday and I did not notice at all :wink:
Gotta love the drysuit!!! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom