5thD-X XP Day, Redondo Beach, CA, June 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limeyx

Reaction score
This was just posted on forums at www.5thd-x.com, and I thought it might be of interest.

I will be volunteering my time to help out during the day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Curious about DIR and the DIR system, but not quite ready to commit until you’ve had the chance to try out the gear and see it in action? Or are you simply interested in a bp/w set up, but you want to feel what it’s like in the water before you fork out the cash? A 5thD-X Experience Day (XP Day) & Gear Demo sounds like something you need!!

What: 5thD-X XP Day & Gear Demo

When: Saturday, June 18th at 7:00AM

Where: Veteran’s Park, Redondo Beach, CA

Who: Anyone who wishes to try out a complete DIR rig, as well as divers who just want to get in some shore diving

At the XP Day, you will get the opportunity to try out a full DIR set up (no charge) and see the gear in action by DIR divers. It’s also a great place for DIR divers to get some more in-water experience/practice.

This is not an instructive event and lessons will not be provided. We will simply provide the gear, get you reasonably fitted into the harness, and then go dive. There may even be an appearance by one of the local GUE instructors.

If you are interested in a gear demo, send an email to XPday@5thd-x.com. The number of rigs are limited, so reserve early! Demo rigs include bp/w, yoke style 1st & 2nd stage regs w/long hose, wrist mounted compass and depth gauge, and fins. You will need to bring your own tanks, weights, exposure protection (hoods and gloves too), and mask.

Please bring your diver certification and proof of local diving in the last three months to demo a DIR system.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would love to try it out, but I am on a boat to San Nick that day.

Hmm...diving at San Nick, or doing beach dives....

Difficult choice....NOT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom