PADI Certification Agencies in Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know any good certifications in Italy that speak English? My brother is currently in Iraq, and is aching to get his OW certification. He wants to use his two-week interval to get certified there, and already has his PADI course material. Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hey there...

Don't know any centres, but have heard that there are some centres over there that I wouldn't go near. Know of 1 guy learning to dive who wasn't told til Pool Dive 4 that he wasn't to hold his breath, and was taken down to 30m on his first Sea Dive!!!

I guess the lesson is the same the world over, there's good and bad centres, do your best to check them out as much as possible before committing!

J.

There are plenty of PADI centre which can certify your brother here in Italy. I would say that most of every town have a diving centre.
Before finding any you need to know where you will be. Italy is kind of big. If you stay in Rome you will not go to Milan or Sicily to be certified. Then you find the good centre.

The second problem is to find people which can do it in English. The easier is to find out PADI centre which are use to have foreigner divers.

Once you know where you are why not check with PADI Europe and ask them to give you a list of the 5 stars PADI center in the area where you stay. I think this would be the best move.
If you have further question do not hesitate to PM and will try to help if I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom