St. Thomas or St. Maarten?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TiggerB

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going on a 7 day cruise this Sunday, May 12th on Princess cruise lines to the Eastern Caribbean with stops at St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I would like to dive one of these locations, and I would appreciate any recommendations or advice anyone may have.

These are 2 tank dives, with St. Thomas running $89, and St. Maarten at $99.

The dives through the cruise line is with New Waves scuba (www.newwaves.com), so I would also be interested if anyone has any experience with them or if anyone would recommend another dive operator at either of these locations. I only have 7 dives logged, with 3 of them in Hawaii, and even though I'm very comfortable in the water, I want to make sure I'm with a safety-minded operation, especially since I won't have a dive buddy with me that I know.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

TiggerB

The diving in St. Thomas is better than St. Maarten. Been to dive a couple of times in St. Thomas, try and find a small 6 pk. type of op. we found the diving to be excellant on St. John also.
Caymaniac

Back
Top Bottom