Roatan weather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePartner1:
Anyone know the air and water temperatures in the Honduran Bay Islands this week?

Sure-

Here's a Live WebCam of the South side and displays the temperature (air):
http://www.cocoviewresort.com/webcams.html (It runs during daylight hours) See the reality of Roatan weather versus internet opinion.

Here's the latest sightings both below the water and in the skies....
http://www.docksidedivecenter.com/WeeklyLog.html & water temps, too.

along with recent water temps.

:D
DivePartner1:
Thanks! I'll be in AKR next week and look forward to it!

Have a GREAT time. Heading to Roatan on May 26th, staying at Inn of Last Resort for the 6th year in a row.

leadweight:
Heading to Roatan today, April 9th, Fantasy Island.

How was Fantasy Island. I've enjoyed AKR over the years, but with an 8 month old and non-diving Grandparent-baby minders we're looking for something more flexible. We drove by FI and it looked promising.

Brief dive report: the diving was great: 81 to 84 fahrenheit in the water. Great critters on the night dives -- bugs, many large crabs and octopus (one diver saw a large octo grab a parrot fish for dinner). A new experience was a grotto dive that's only accessible on calm days, something called Spooky Channel off Barrie's Reef on the North Shore east of AKR. At go inland over well populated 25 fsw reef, the guide takes you through unlikely swim throughs in the reef wall to twisting 90 foot canyons of coral. Very cool. One the last dive, my wife the shark finder found a large sleeping nurse shark under a rock and several turtles inteacted with us -- one swam up to me as I hovered and snared nose to nose at my mask from about 5 inches before swimming on.

Great diving. Until a Miami wedding in June, that will have to hold us.

Was in Roatan all last week....Water Temps for all 16 of my dives 80-82 degrees! Weather was sunny and warm...rained only one day and only briefly in the morning. Stayed at Inn of Last Resort....had an awesome time. Can't wait to go back! I envy anyone who is heading to Roatan soon!

Thanks for the report ... I'm heading to CocoView in two days.

:D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Roatanman thanks for the links. I am going to AKR 4 weeks from today. That definitely helps with the packing (skin vs wetsuit)

I was at Bay Island Beach Resort, were Spooky Channel is and had a great time. Did Spooky, Shark Dive, 2 wrecks and enogh swim thoughs and a cave or two. Awesome. 82 degree water and air temp 89 or 90 with sunny days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom