I coming, where can I dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all you SoCal divers!

Looks like I will be having a business trip to Costa Mesa this summer and I wanted to get a heads up on some good places to dive. Only been diving a couple years and have not done any ocean dives yet. Would prefer a shore dive, but may do a boat too. Also, I'm used to diving in quarries that are around 55-70 degrees during the summer and I do fine with my 5-4-3 full wet suit, will this be ok for out there??

When this all get closers I see if anyone wants to buddy up!

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff!

There are many great places to dive off shore and off a boat. The water temp. here seems to run about what you get in the quarries, so if you are warm enough in your 5/4/3, then that should work here. I personally am always cold so I still use my 7mm in the summer. There always seems to be someone diving so I am sure you will get hooked up with one of us from LA county to San Diego County. Plan for at least one boat trip as the Channel Island usually offer the best visability around here besides you will probably want to experience the kelp forests.

Looking forward to diving with you in July!!

Ann Marie

Hey Jeff!
I would recommend that you go for boat dives----- Much easier and I think better dive sites. The Channel Islands, I believe, offer some of the best diving anywhere. When it's near time for you to be out here, I can give you names of some great dive boats and dive sites. I say until you've been diving in a healthy kelp forest and had the sealions come down to play with you, you haven't completely experienced diving!!
Don

AevnsGrandpa:
Hi all you SoCal divers!

Looks like I will be having a business trip to Costa Mesa this summer and I wanted to get a heads up on some good places to dive. Only been diving a couple years and have not done any ocean dives yet. Would prefer a shore dive, but may do a boat too. ...When this all get closers I see if anyone wants to buddy up!
Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff, As you can tell there are many avid boat divers and enthusiastic beach divers in SoCal...we got it all and twice as many opinions!!
You might enjoy the central path, and enjoy both with friendly buddies from ScubaBoard. It may work well to post your available diving days, book a boat day or two, and beach dive Orange County and/or L.A County on the other days. As you can tell by reading our SoCal April '05 dive logs, there is good diving everywhere. You'll be welcomed and eagerly shown around our exquisite UW habitats....with some very fun locals! About the only thing we can't offer is quarries....Although there is "Rock Quarry" dive site over on Catalina.....:eyebrow:
Hope to meet and dive when you're here.
Claudette

Thanks for all the input. I will make sure I book an extra day when I'm out there and make time for some diving.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom