DR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattphew_stink:
=-) Hey Anyone been diving in the Dominican republic???:whoa:

I was assigned by my bank in the late 70's and spend over 1.5 years diving every weekend all over the DR eventually receiving a divemaster rating from PADI (before the became huge). Diving at the time was nothing great compared to some of the dive sites around the world but it wasn't bad. The northern coast (where Club Med is) is a gradual sloping dive while the southern coast is sort of mixed between patches of coral growths. There are some interesting sites near Santo Domingo, the capital, a wall being one of them as well as come coral grottos. If you go towards La Romana, there is an island not too far from the coast, Catalina island, diving was virgin (green morays, rays, turtles, etc.).

Of course, all these have changed but the diving is still not too bad (I keep in touch with some of dive buddies). I think you'll enjoy it not to mention the night life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom