PAging DrBill.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What do conditions look like for the POint on Sat? Heavy winds predicted here.....

Chris

Hi Chris-

I checked things out yesterday and today. If I said I was spending the weekend finishing the editing of my Florida video footage would that give it away? Yep, it is blowing hard out here (I heard some boats were canceled, although my friend Shirley got out heading to Dana Point about 7:00 PM). Vis in the harbor was lousy, good swell coming into the park from the northwest. No diving for me!

Last weekend was lousy too- 15-20 ft vis probably the best I saw. Yes, I know that's not too bad for you mainlanders, but there were a lot of particulates that made even macro work difficult. Haven't even looked at the 5 minutes of video I shot on my two dives then.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Haven't even looked at the 5 minutes of video I shot on my two dives then.

Dr. Bill

You got that much "inch-age"...? wow. Ambitious guy. :wink:

It was soup.

---
Ken

Ken- I may have left the camera running by mistake to reach 5 min that day! Not even going to try this weekend. They're cancelling boats out to the island.

Dr. Bill

Ah wel, thought I'd get a real dive in before I hop on an Air Jamaica, mon, flight to Turks U& Caicos Friday night (hee hee, a red eye on Air Jamaica, funny). :)

Thanks for the report

ChrisM:
Ah wel, thought I'd get a real dive in before I hop on an Air Jamaica, mon, flight to Turks U& Caicos Friday night (hee hee, a red eye on Air Jamaica, funny). :)
What's the plon mon ... liveaboard? Or, staying in Provo, or Grand Turk? I've been hoping to get to the latter, but have been hearing scary things about the coming of cruise ships this year.

Frank O:
What's the plon mon ... liveaboard? Or, staying in Provo, or Grand Turk? I've been hoping to get to the latter, but have been hearing scary things about the coming of cruise ships this year.

Aggressor - Judyg won the trip from the Aggressor people, and we're keeping her company :) I m wondering if we'll hear / see any whales... tail end of humpback season

Turks & Caicos... most envious. Dive report from a local instructor yesterday was "yech!"

Dr. Bill

Speaking of Avalon, does anyone know if the Seamagine two-person submersible still does tourist runs in the summer?

http://www.seamagine.com

My son would like to scrape together his allowance for a ride this summer if it's still going. He's interested in the two-person real submersible, not the ~40-person 'semi-submersible.'

Frank O- Afraid they (Seamagine) stopped running a year ago. I was able to get footage of their tour from inside (with a beautiful Russian woman, Julija) and from the outside as I accompanied them two summers ago.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom