New to the area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsjohnst

New
Reaction score
I am a recent transplant to California from the midwest. Looking to find a group and/or someone to hook up with to go diving sometime soon (maybe even this weekend if the notice isn't to short).

Any help or pointers would be great.

What part of the Midwest? I am from Indiana... There are groups that go to laguna and redondo every weekend.... if you want to set up a dive just post in the so cal forum a few days before and you will get a bunch of responses...

Also you can private message me, cause im always looking for new people to go diving with (when I have time off)....

Stryker:
What part of the Midwest? I am from Indiana...

I am from Kansas originally, but just moved into the Fullerton area. Was hoping to do some diving this weekend, so me organizing something is probably not gonna happen with the short notice for everyone. That is why I was hoping someone new of a trip out this weekend. Seems like there are a lot of boats in the area going out, but as I don't know anybody in the area who dives so I thought I would post here first.

I'll be diving in Laguna Beach this Sunday. There is a scooter demo at Picnic Beach, just up from Hiesler Park that I will be participating in, but you can join me for a dive or two after I have a go with a scooter.
PM me and I'll give you my cell #.
Robb

KANSAS??? Man, welcome to the real world. I was paroled outta Kansas in 1986 and never looked back.....lol.

Seriously though, where at in KS. Grew up on Salina. Family still in McPherson.

I am in San Diego (LoCal). Come on down and dive with me sometime. Heard any good Dorthy Jokes.....ever.
Terry

divinman:
KANSAS??? Man, welcome to the real world. I was paroled outta Kansas in 1986 and never looked back.....lol.

Seriously though, where at in KS. Grew up on Salina. Family still in McPherson.

I am in San Diego (LoCal). Come on down and dive with me sometime. Heard any good Dorthy Jokes.....ever.
Terry
Whats up?
I live here in fullerton also, there's a fullerton dive club called Seaventures that does alot of diving locally, but beyond that I do lots of dives with the members of this board. A few good dive buddys that Ive gone with: Phil, Aaron(Abrown), Seth(stryker) and Rob(posted earlier). Laguna, SD, Redondo and Catalina are some of the more ful local areas.

If you want to go diving let me know
John

Call me anytime for a dive. Down for this weekend, 24 hour flu yesterday so I am out until Tuesday or so.

another place is www.sandeaters.com not a club, but a website with a dive scheduled for every sunday and an e-mail list that works great for getting dive partners the rest of the time. They are scheduled for Laguna Beach tomorrow, but so far no one has reponded that they were going. Swell modle looks good, until you note the scall is 0-3 feet instead of the normal 0- 1 foot.

Welcome to California!

Well, the weekend is over and you didn't miss a whole lot of great diving.

A bunch of us got together in Malibu this weekend at our monthly ScubaBoard SoCal Wrinkles Dive. We would have been happy to have you come by and meet a whole bunch of potential dive buddies and do a dive with us. The conditions were less than spectacular and it turned out to be more of a camping weekend than a dive weekend.

Anytime you want to dive, just post where and when here on the board and you'll have anyone who can make it respond to your post. Also, when others post where and when they want to dive you can invite yourself along.

Hope to meet you at a dive sometime soon.

Christian

Check out the monthly Wrinkles' dives via a search on this site. There are a number of divers who get together regularly to dive in that group.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom