Spring straps for atomic split fins ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparkey1

Registered
Reaction score
after reading and talking to several people I am sold on spring straps. My question is which ones will fit my atomics.
Thanks, Sparkey1

sparkey1:
after reading and talking to several people I am sold on spring straps. My question is which ones will fit my atomics.
Thanks, Sparkey1

I got a pair from a member on the board, but with an "S" clip, you can modify any pair to work with Atomic fins. Atomic fins have that huge mushroom pin... an "S" clip formed around them will work well.

A guy sells spring heels on ebay for about $35. Get a pair of SS "S" clips and you can build two pair and have a nice lunch for what you'd pay for the expensive ones.

These lasted me about a year and-a-half until I sold them with the fins.

---
Ken

Thanks, I am a little concerned about making it permanent. But as everyone says I won't go back anyway.

Thanks Ken, I will check out e-bay and I am assuming by S clips you mean S hooks?
THanks, sparkey1

sparkey1:
Thanks Ken, I will check out e-bay and I am assuming by S clips you mean S hooks?
THanks, sparkey1

Me so dum...

---
Ken

Order the following from www.mcmaster.com:

Part # 3932K54 - 11" stainless springs - order two.
Part # 35355T13 - stainless shackle - order four.
Part # 91735A831 - Order one box - or go to Home Depot and buy four stainless 10-32 screws.

Pinch the shackles over the posts on the fins. A pair of locking pliers does this well. Attach the springs to the fins.

I cut the end of the spring off and bend up one whole ring so that the springs don't slip off the the shackle.

Get some clear PVC from Home Depot and slide it over the spring.

Some people also run a piece of cave line thru the spring 1 1/2 the length of the spring to keep from over expanding the spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom