opinions on DIR diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caverkevin

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a question burning in my brain. Why do some divers choose not to dive DIR? I am trying to understand why some people are resistant ideas, equipment configuration or any other parts. Please help me understand!!!! I have been diving the DIR for so long, it is impossible for me to think of a good reason not to dive DIR.

Kevin Jones

Why do some people drink tea?
I just can't understand that. Don't they know know how much better coffee is?
I have been drinking coffee for years and it is the greatist thing.

I guess some people are unable or unwilling to open their minds enough to accept a different point of view.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by pipedope
Why do some people drink tea?
Also, why are some folks Christrian while others are Muslim, Budhist, or Jehova's Witnesses? Each seeks a similar (or same) goal, but has a different way of going about it.

I should go on record that I think that much of what DIR has to say about diving I like. But there are other parts that I'm not ready to adopt yet. And others I may never adopt. At this point in my diving career, I'm still figuring a whole bunch of it out. I got a whole lot to learn, and I recognize that I got a lot of evolving to do.

Originally posted by caverkevin
Why do some divers choose not to dive DIR?

I have been diving the DIR for so long, it is impossible for me to think of a good reason not to dive DIR.
You have answered your own question Kevin... on several levels...

Not everyone cave dives as you do....
Not everyone knows DIR as you do....
Not everyone is as experienced as you....

Originally posted by TexasMike
Also, why are some folks Christrian while others are Muslim, Budhist, or Jehova's Witnesses?
Mike this may be a better analogy than tea vs. coffee but it still doesn't really get to the heart of the issue or even make a feeble attempt to answer Kevin's question with substance.

Kevin asked a question with substance?
Where?
When?

All I saw looked like a far too obvious troll.

Tea or Coffee?

Yuck.

Hot Cocoa, NOW you're talking!

Roak

Only with marshmellows will I drink hot cocoa.
Any other way is just not Drinking It Right DIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom