Your thoughts on Zeagle ZX 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass

Reaction score
My son is about to be certified this Spring. That means I have (get) to buy some new gear. Since I already have a spare SP MK25, I'm just looking at getting the 2nd stages.

I see Apeks is the reg of choice for a lot of you, but there aren't any dealers locally. There are a bunch of Zeagle shops, however, so I'd appreciate your input on their regs.

I tried a search in this forum, but only found the Octo+ regulators mentioned, which makes me think that maybe the Zeagles have changed drastically since they stopped their relationship with Apeks.

Thanks,

Des,
Try looking for a local SeaQuest dealer, They were selling Apeks as part of their SQ line. There is a shop north of Ft. Worth in Keller, Scubaconnections, that sells Apeks branded regs. There are also some great deals online, Diveinn.com comes to mind. I don't know much about the new Zeagles but you can't go wrong with ANY apeks.

Yeah, I saw that on DiveInn and it's definitely on my list.

The thing is the rep at ScubaToys said he'd match LiesurePro on the ZX, which is $40 cheaper than the ATX50 (x2 = $80), not counting the shipping costs. I'd also have to get the 1/2" adaptor to fit my MK25.

The $100 isn't the driving force, but if the Zeagles are still equivalent to the Apeks I don't see the point in not buying them. Plus Larry is only about a mile from my office, whereas Keller would have to wait for a day off to drop the regs in for service if anything gets screwed up.

Don't forget your SB discount when you buy with Scubatoys. From what I hear you have to ask Larry about this, it must be a secret.
I was going to go with the Apex line of regs myself but have talked myself into the Zeagle line. One thing was customer service that I got directly from Zeagle on another product and also they are made in the USA.

Texass:
My son is about to be certified this Spring. That means I have (get) to buy some new gear. Since I already have a spare SP MK25, I'm just looking at getting the 2nd stages.

I see Apeks is the reg of choice for a lot of you, but there aren't any dealers locally. There are a bunch of Zeagle shops, however, so I'd appreciate your input on their regs.

I tried a search in this forum, but only found the Octo+ regulators mentioned, which makes me think that maybe the Zeagles have changed drastically since they stopped their relationship with Apeks.

Thanks,
I use Zeagle flathead 6 and zx 2nd stages on my single and double setups. I'm very happy with the performance. The reg breathes dry, very adjustable, and the faceplate can be disassembled under water to clear any dirt or fold back from the diaphragm. There warrantys are great as long as you keep it serviced every year 30 days before or after your purchase date. It was these things that prompted me to buy 3 sets of these regs. Hope this is helpful. Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom