diving folly cove 4/10/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nite_diver

Reaction score
dove folly cove today and what a beautiful day it was. water temp 40 and vis was 15-20ft. bottom time 35 mins and this was in a wet suit. surprising enought no one was there. had the place all to ourselves. it sure felt good to get wet.

nite_diver

nite_diver:
dove folly cove today and what a beautiful day it was. water temp 40 and vis was 15-20ft. bottom time 35 mins and this was in a wet suit. surprising enought no one was there. had the place all to ourselves. it sure felt good to get wet.

nite_diver

Was too busy over at plum cove. 45 min hit 39 deg at depth. Got too cold after that. My hands were freezing. But what a great day getting wet. It is only the start of a great season. :D

We were at Folly yesterday, but we dove at low tide (I actually find it easier to get out at low tide!). It was beautiful. Dove dry, with my new semi-dry mitts (which really helped my hands to stay somewhat warm - a small miracle.

I feel your pain. I have about 8 dives on dry gloves and I am HOOKED! I had the three finger thick neoprene gloves previously. I got sick of surfacing with numb/stinging hands. Over this winter I threw in heating packs (like those used by skiiers) and it was awesome. It will be one of the best $170 - $200 you could spend.

I have been sick with a cold the last two weekends. I hope I am good to go for next weekend. 40 degrees would be nice!

--Matt

matt_unique:
I feel your pain. I have about 8 dives on dry gloves and I am HOOKED! I had the three finger thick neoprene gloves previously. I got sick of surfacing with numb/stinging hands. Over this winter I threw in heating packs (like those used by skiiers) and it was awesome. It will be one of the best $170 - $200 you could spend.

I have been sick with a cold the last two weekends. I hope I am good to go for next weekend. 40 degrees would be nice!

--Matt

Next year....dry gloves!

Forgot to say (brag, gloat, what have you) that I dove with my brand new pressed steel tank (2nd one en route)...aahhhh, it is very pretty...rub the tank...adore the tank...I keep going out to the garage to look at it...perhaps will take a picture and frame it for my office desk...

Will be out next weekend for sure - we didn't even bother taking the gear back to the basement.

matt_unique:
Over this winter I threw in heating packs (like those used by skiiers) and it was awesome.
Be careful using those if you're using nitrox for an inflation gas. Elevated O2 levels can make those pads burn extra hot, and I've heard of at least one local drysuit diver getting some serious burns that way.

MSilvia:
Be careful using those if you're using nitrox for an inflation gas. Elevated O2 levels can make those pads burn extra hot, and I've heard of at least one local drysuit diver getting some serious burns that way.

Definitely no EAN in the drysuit when using heat pads!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom