Shore Diving off Hotel Del Coronado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainmanpaul

Reaction score
I am being forced to stay at the Hotel Del Coronado this weekend. In order to ease the pain I was thinking of doing a little shore diving between meals. Does anybody know if there is any diving off of the beach by the Hotel? Any suggestions for shore diving close to the Hotel?

mainmanpaul:
I am being forced to stay at the Hotel Del Coronado this weekend. In order to ease the pain I was thinking of doing a little shore diving between meals. Does anybody know if there is any diving off of the beach by the Hotel? Any suggestions for shore diving close to the Hotel?

maps.google.com
1500 Orange Ave., Coronado, CA.
click on "satellite"

panning up and down the beach shows a lot of sand. You never know what's in the water until you go in. So is diving allowed in the water? I'd say yes! will you see anything? who knows... it could be a good night dive!

if you are willing to drive a little, then i'm sure you'll have more options, and the san diego locals will chime in about those..

Just be sure you don't have any "SEAL" encounters. Coronado SEALs do more than bite. :)

Nah, they are just pups.... half those seals are still learning how to swim.. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom