barcelona bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divadiver

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all....I am off to explore Barcelona and am wondering if I should take my gear along....any good dive sites to explore? What should I expect for water temps..is my 3 mil enough? Also anyone have experience with dive ops in the area? Should I make the trip over to Mallorca?

I've checked the other threads on this forum but didn't find much help. I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks so any advice is appreciated!

I understand there is some diving 1 to 2 hours up the coast, but it is not thought of as anything special, still if you are dying to get wet! Iwould not think a 3mm would be warm enough whenever you are planing to go 5mm minimum in late summer and proberbly more thereafter.

For a quite weird night out dancing and drinking try the Baja Beach Club in Port Olympic arrive after 12pm. Friday nights are best.

Neil

Thanks Neil!

I have been spoiled by warmer waters....it may make sense then to leave the gear behind this trip as I am traveling with a non diver friend....I did see something about some Roman era wrecks tho not much info.

Hi Divadiver,

a trip in Barcelona is a nice one.
but since you want also to dive, I can recomend you the area of Moraira in Costa Blanca, you'll find there at Mermaid - diving center all of the services that a diver need. and even your non diver friend can enjoy an introduction dive.
the water temp. right now in may is about 18-19 C.
and there is a veriaty of caves, arches, walls at different depths and rich marine life.

and if you need more information send a mail to :
mermaid@mermaid-diving.com

enjoy your diving
Jacob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom