Channel Islands Boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkbaitDAN

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any boats people would recommend for one or two days of diving in the Channel Islands? I have a week with nothing to do before I graduate in May and move back to Chicago. This will be my last time to dive in SoCal for a while, so I want to do something special. Not too concerned with cost at this point, though that may change. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Alex,

I moved your thread out to the main forum for more visibility to see if we can get some answers for you.

Christian

The standard answer is Truth Aquatics. I have made two trips on the Truth and can recommend the diving. Living conditions are pretty basic, but you can dive, dive, dive. One of their three boats was stolen and now in dry dock. Don't know what that had done to availability.

http://www.truthaquatics.com/aboutus.htm

colonelchuck:
The standard answer is Truth Aquatics. I have made two trips on the Truth and can recommend the diving. Living conditions are pretty basic, but you can dive, dive, dive. One of their three boats was stolen and now in dry dock. Don't know what that had done to availability.

http://www.truthaquatics.com/aboutus.htm

I'm booked on them for a trip on may 1st out to some wrecks. On the vision i think (was supposed to be Conception but that's the one that's stolen)

I will let you know.

The others that have been recommended to me are Spectre and Peace but I have not been on either

The Peace out of Ventura is a great boat; dive it often. Was on the Vision a few weeks ago, and also had a great trip. Can't go wrong on either of these.

Our shop does two trips a year and we use truth aquatics. Shop or not if they didn't do a great job I wouldn't go with them.

Some of our customers went on the Encore and hated them.

Thanks for moving the thread, and thanks for the replies, I will check out those boats. I'm hoping to get a few students at the colleges to come with me, since most have not done any local boat diving.

The Spectre and The Peace, out of Ventura, have some great week day rates. $75 for three dives off of Anacapa, air fills, and a barbecue lunch.

You said you're not too concerned with price, so let me tell you the best part: It's NEVER been crowded when I've gone on a week day.

Most boats going out on the weekend are filled to or nearly to capacity.

Check them out at Cal Boat Diving

I also like Truth Aquatics.

Back
Top Bottom