San Diego in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcd_dvr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I'll be in San Diego on the 10th - 20th and will be bringing my dive gear with me. I was wondering folks in this forum can answer some of my questions.
- Does anyone have any recommendations for a novice diver to go? - - Where I can find diving buddies?
- What type of exposure suit to bring? 7mm

On the web, I've seen some boat trips to La Jolla Canyon and La Jolla Cove. Are these trips worth the money? Who would you recommend as a diving boat?

Thanks.

I have not heard of boat dives to La Jolla Canyon or Cove. They are shore dives. The boats go to different spots. I would suggest going to Los Coronads with gottadive.com if you are a beginner. If the seas are clam I would suggest diving the Cove. The canyon is probably an Advanced dive since you have to go to 60 feet or below and it involves a long surface swim.

Dive safely,

domskynetlabs:
I've heard alot of people mention Kellog Park in La Jolla for a beginners spot.
You can find buddies on this forum. Im always looking for a dive buddy.
I dive comfortably in a 7mm.
I have never done a boat dive in San Diego.
Someone gave me one of these maps as a gift.
http://www.frankosmaps.com/San_Diego_Coast.htm
Thanks domskynetlabs, if you're looking for a dive buddy, I'll hit you up sometime in June.

divebuddysean:
I have not heard of boat dives to La Jolla Canyon or Cove. They are shore dives. The boats go to different spots. I would suggest going to Los Coronads with gottadive.com if you are a beginner. If the seas are clam I would suggest diving the Cove. The canyon is probably an Advanced dive since you have to go to 60 feet or below and it involves a long surface swim.

Dive safely,
Thanks for the tip, I'll checkout gottadive.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom