What fins to use for diving and snorkeling ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

normantr

Reaction score
I will be in Maui for 10 days at the end of May, and will be doing 2 or 3 days of diving, but most of the time will be spent snorkeling at various locations around the island. Right now I have Tusa Zoom SF-8 split fins and was wondering if anyone has used them for snorkeling. If so, did you feel they were a little to big. I have been thinking about picking up a pair of the Tusa FF-9 full foot split fins since the seem to be smaller overall and lighter, which would make them easier to lug around the island. Has anyone used the FF-9's and can give an opinion.

Thanks

Tim

I take two sets of fins. full foot smaller ones and then open heal heavier ones for diving.

If you try to use scuba fins for snorkeling, you'll just end up "beating" yourself and the surface water up with those heavy fins.

If you try to use light snorkle fins for diving, you'll wear yourself out kicking more with underpowered fins.

Back
Top Bottom