Any must sees on Kauai'i?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We are taking a trip to Kauai'i soon and were wondering: What are your favorite top side must sees?

Right off the top of my head: Hideaways Beach/Queen's Bath & Town of Hanalei (North Shore), Glass Beach (West) and Waimea Canyon.

justleesa:
We are taking a trip to Kauai'i soon and were wondering: What are your favorite top side must sees?
The Napali coast from a boat is nice, or you can get a glimpse of it from the end of Waimea canyon road.

dlndavid:
The Napali coast from a boat is nice, or you can get a glimpse of it from the end of Waimea canyon road.

Hiking the Napali coast, even if you don't make a day of it, is spectaular. It's moderately strenuous hiking, though, so only if hiking is your cup of tea. Wiamea canyon is very neat, too, and much less strenuous, though the times I've gone, it was too cloudy to see much of the view.

D_O_H:
Hiking the Napali coast, even if you don't make a day of it, is spectaular. It's moderately strenuous hiking, though, so only if hiking is your cup of tea. Wiamea canyon is very neat, too, and much less strenuous, though the times I've gone, it was too cloudy to see much of the view.

I guess I got lucky.

dlndavid:
I guess I got lucky.

Very nice. It was actually kind of cool being up there in the clouds. The clouds would break for just a second, giving you a quick glimpse of a spectacular view, then they'd cover it back up again.

dlndavid:
i'll second the napali coast; by zodiac is nice.
a hike down to the base of the fantasy island waterfall is nice too.

If you can swing it I highly suggest a helicopter tour!
We went with Jack Harter and it was amazing..

rje634:
If you can swing it I highly suggest a helicopter tour!
We went with Jack Harter and it was amazing..

Ditto that, it was awsome. Got lucky there too, my wife and I got the two front seats alongside our Pailaka (pilot).

Back
Top Bottom