Old Marine Land Public Hearing 19 Apr 05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The City Council of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes will conduct a public hearing on Tuesday, April 19, 2005, at 7:00 PM at Hesse Park Community Building, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes, to consider ZON2005-00151 (REVISION ‘B’ to CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 215, et. al.). The applicant’s (Long Point Development, LLC.) request is to amend one of the project’s conditions of approval, specifically Condition No. 40a, to clarify the subdivision process available to the applicant for satisfying the State Subdivision Map Act requirements relating to the sale of the villas, casitas, bungalows and hotel suites. Specifically, the condition is proposed to be amended as follows (new text underlined): The applicant shall process a parcel map or tract map in accordance with the Subdivision Map Act.
The applicant’s proposed revisions to the approved project site plan will not be presented to the City Council at the April 19th meeting. The project revisions are expected to be presented to the City Council in late May or early June 2005. Further notification will be provided regarding the specific meeting date.

Please direct all inquiries regarding the Long Point Resort Hotel Project to Ara Michael Mihranian, Senior Planner, at (310) 544-5228 or via e-mail at aram@rpv.com.
Revised link.
http://www.palosverdes.com/rpv/news/Notices/2005/4-19-05CCNOTICE.htm

Thanks for the info Melvin.

BTW, the link has apparently already been changed, and now is discussing an upcoming "Composting Workshop":

"After the workshop, there will be composting bins and worm bins available for sale at a discounted price."

I need to get in on that action, fer sure !!!!

Melvin,

I think the link was changed, thanks for the info.

ICE

Did anyone hear what the end result was of this hearing? Please post when you find out...

The public notice on the website said 07:30 and I arrived at 07:08 to find the meeting already in progress. Neat presentation by the Palos Verde Wild lands Conservancy about their noble efforts to buy land in the Portuguese Bend area.

The Old Marine Land (Long Point) project was scheduled as item 09 on the agenda. The city council elected to hear item 12 public sewer and drain user fee first. That started about 7:30 and ended after midnight. I did learn from that discussion that the city of PV has very little in the way of tax revenue generating business in the city. That said they are really looking forward to more hotels in the city, as in Old Marineland and the Temporary Occupancy Tax (TOT) that will bring in to generate revenue for them. Then there was the interesting issue of the house that was built in the wrong spot. Engineer who did the site sighting misplaced the marker for the house by 15 feet. So now the house is built and block this one house view a little. Meanwhile the new house has a great view, right into the neighbors house and bedroom. All because it sits 15 feet too far back on the lot. In addition, the house now blocks a public trail. Yada yada yada. Interesting story with no good solution for all parties.

The Palos Verde City Council is nothing if not through and it was 1:40 or so this morning when the Old Marineland topic finally came up. I was unable to attend two weeks ago when they had the major presentation, complete with slides etc. Last night was just a technical correction and was over before you could stifle a good yawn.

I did get the impression that they are trying to move very quickly on this project. Mostly because they said so. I did try to talk with the “Lowes” representative but the construction manager was not “in the mood’ to answer or even acknowledge I had spoken to him on the way out of the building. Talk about rude. The other Lowes representative did respond and was surprised when I mentioned that 15-20 SCUBA divers could be found on any given weekend day at the site along with others. I also told her we were very interested in hearing the plan to maintain our access even during construction. So that is it. Long night and nothing new.

But we should make note of these meetings and try to have people there, particularly at the costal commission hearings. The PV city website will automatically notify you if you request it when more on a subject you are interested comes up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom