switching from AF to MF on D70 housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mprocter

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to find out from D70 owners with Ikelite or Subal housings, if these housings incorporate a switch that enables switching from Auto focus to Manual focus while underwater.

I have a Subal housing for an F80 and I've noticed that the AF/MF switch is in a different position on the D70. I often use this switch, I'm considering a D70 and wondering if this same feature is available ??

thanks in advance

I am not sure about Ikelite but Subal does have the AF/MF switch in front of the housing. Nexus also has AF/MF switch but not Sea and Sea nor Aquatica.
If you go for Subal, I would definitely recommend the GS180 viewfinder as D70 viewfinder is a bit tiny and the GS Viewfinder does make a big difference.

dbh:
I believe Nexus & Subal are the only 2 housings that allow you to switch between AF / MF.

Dave

Actually, Nexus and little ole Ikelite are the only two.

Subal doesn't feel that it is necessary to offer that control because the Auto/Manual selector gears on Nikon Macro lenses allow them to be switched from A/M via the housings focus control.

just got my wife a sea and sea housing for her D70 and it has a switch labeled af/mf. I may be mistaken but I would believe to be manul/ auto focus, no?

scuubaadoo:
just got my wife a sea and sea housing for her D70 and it has a switch labeled af/mf. I may be mistaken but I would believe to be manul/ auto focus, no?

Hmm, I don't remember exactly since I sold my D70 Sea and Sea housing awhile back. There are 2 buttons there on the left lower cornor of the housing. One is labeled af/mf but it does not really has nothing to do with af/mf switch. One is a zoom button and the other one (which I never used) is for manual focus. However if you are in autofocus mode, with Sea and Sea, you cannot switch to manual focus underwater and vice versa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom