Carrots in my boiled peanuts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leo311

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Between North Metro Atlanta the the Middle East
Hanging at the station today, the 24 part of the 24/48, and decided to get some boiled peanuts. I've gotten a taste for the cajun style, although I presume no cajun of any salt would eat boiled peanuts. Anyway, to my surprise there were carrot slices in my peanuts. Ever seen such? It was a first for me. Leo.

leo311:
Hanging at the station today, the 24 part of the 24/48, and decided to get some boiled peanuts. I've gotten a taste for the cajun style, although I presume no cajun of any salt would eat boiled peanuts. Anyway, to my surprise there were carrot slices in my peanuts. Ever seen such? It was a first for me. Leo.

I was raised in "cajun country", southern Louisiana, but you're right- boiled peanuts are not very popular there.. I had never heard of them until I went to a local BBQ place here in California (the owner was from Georgia) and saw them on the menu. The people at the table next to me ordered some, but there were no carrots in them....

I have a sack of 'em sitting in the freezer right now; boiled 'em up last fall & froze them in a block of brine.
I better go check them out for quality assurance purposes... :D
Boiled peanuts is pretty much a SE Coast thing, you can even buy them in cans.
Nothing like the great big thumb sized VA ones though...

I was in the middle of Nowhere Missouri where you couldn't tell if the gas stations were open or condemned, and right next to the cash register was a box of something ziplock-bagged up for a dollar a bag that the guy said was called "bold pie-nuts".
It was boiled peanuts and tasted like it had been left under the car seat for a month.
I don't know how you guys can ingest that junk.

A few years ago I moved my daughter and new son-in-law to Jacksonville Florida and we stopped by a road side rest stop in Georgia and my new son-in-law said, "Try some boiled peanuts, I love them".

I have never had something as bland tasting and nasty looking as boiled peanuts in my life.

Oh, and I don't like crawfish either!! (I'm a wimpy northerner!!)

Jeff

I had my first boiled peanuts at a Bandana's BBQ place here. They were wonderful! My husband is from Atlanta and he says they have the best ones down there. He said they would be boiling for days. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom