WTB: Olympus 5060 u/w housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic001918

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm finally making the leap and getting into u/w photography. I have a new Oly 5060 (which I love topside) and now I'm looking to get a housing for it. I'd prefer an Ikelite, but if someone has any kind of housing for it they're looking to unload, I'd be interested. Thanks in advance.
Shane

Don't buy the Olympus housing for the 5060. Do a little reading and you'll see the number of failiures that have occured. B&H sells the ikelite for a pretty good price. That's what I'm planning to buy once I can afford it.

bcsean:
Don't buy the Olympus housing for the 5060. Do a little reading and you'll see the number of failiures that have occured. B&H sells the ikelite for a pretty good price. That's what I'm planning to buy once I can afford it.

While I've read the Ikelite has better seals, the failures I have read about with the Oly housing generally seems to be user error.

Generally the user describes sand/hair or a pinched seal, and then still blames the housing, and swears up and down that they did everything right...human nature.

There are certainly no shortage of people using the OLY housing WITHOUT flooding issues.

Granted, EVERY UW photographer I've ever spoken with about flooding says it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN.... so flood insurance is IMO a requirement unless you don't care about replacing the equipment.

Well, I have a relatively new PT20 that I'm not using. It's seen a pool a couple of times and about 6 marine dives with no problems. I have all the "stuff" including the box. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm very interested in the housing. I know I can get a new one for about $180 on ebay w/warranty. How much are you looking to get for yours? Offer it to me for a reasonable price and I'll take it.
Thanks,
Shane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom