BIG feet need fins too...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ignorant1

New
Reaction score
Could anyone kindly direct me to a source where I would be able to find fins & boots for unusually large feet? Specifically, I have wide (U.S.) size 16-17 feet, and we also need to find some fins for my girlfriend’s son who has (narrow) size 20 feet.

With feet this big, it would seem that maybe we already have fins built-in, but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way. And by the way, no - this is not a practical joke. Maybe we will start a new dive team: Yeti / Bigfoot diving…

Thanks in advance for your help!
Big Glenn

ignorant1:
Could anyone kindly direct me to a source where I would be able to find fins & boots for unusually large feet? Specifically, I have wide (U.S.) size 16-17 feet, and we also need to find some fins for my girlfriend’s son who has (narrow) size 20 feet.

With feet this big, it would seem that maybe we already have fins built-in, but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way. And by the way, no - this is not a practical joke. Maybe we will start a new dive team: Yeti / Bigfoot diving…

With size 20, does he need fins? (I know, you already said the joke, but having size 14 feet doesn't give me the opportunity to say that to anyone, so I couldn't resist).

All kidding aside, when I was in Cancun, I was diving with someone that had "toeless" fins. Maybe something like this would work for you (not sure if it would work for your GF's son, though). Take a look.. they are open toed. Force Fins:

http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/scuba_catalog.htm

You can find them on Leisurepro...I've seen them there.

Oh.. and no offense intended with the large-foot humor. :)

XXL Jets have about the biggest foot pocket I've ever seen ... even more so than the XXXL Turtles that I use ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Zeagle's Teleoz Fin has a unique design...see picture below...compliments of Scott's web site. The XL is for 13 and up so the foot pocket doesn't limit you.

Henderson Goldcore come in a size 16 - XXL Jets are wider than the Turtles and fit up to size 17 shoe size depending on the boot worn (Thick soled boots may be tight, thin sole boots little loose.)

Size 13-14 thick boots with lug soles are still loose in the XXL Jets

You might contact a custom wetsuit maker for boots, or consider a pair of canvas hightop tennis shoes - basically what rockboots are from DUI..

Aloha, Tim

P.S. if it helps check out http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparison.html

I am going to check out your recommendations right away…

I am very glad to have discovered this site – what a pleasant surprise. There is so much useful information archived here, not to mention everyone’s enthusiasm, and willingness to share information & experience!

I too am an very tall diver, i have just decided to get my c card after years of those resort courses. I have had Cressi Frog Fins but im looking for new ones. They work for me and im a size 17 (US)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom