Fort Wetherill Dive Report 4/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tampico_ED

Contributor
Reaction score
Saturday around 2:20PM we gathered (Dive Club of Rhode Island) for the first dive of the season. Nearly 10 divers showed up mostly dry divers. Thanks RED for the invite. Originally the dive was schedule to start from Beavertail, but conditions were not that great. So people headed to the Fort. This was my third real dive in the Fort; so I was really excited. For some divers, this really was the first dive of the year. We headed to the deep side of the wall. We stayed into a team of four Red, Steve, Dave, and myself. Knowing, we would not stay down very long since we had a wet diver in our group.We gave the thumb down signal; we stayed close to the wall. Lot of lobster, crabs, star fish. Visibility was not that great only 7ft. But other divers reported that passing over 60ft visibility opened up to 20ft. If I recall correctly we hit 50 ft and water temperature was 41oF. Everything went smooth after 39-bottom time we end the dive. Great smiles and good mood was set in for the rest of the year.

Ed

RIOceanographer and I were at Ft. Wetherill on 4/16 as well and had a great second dive there. First dive was around the corner at Bull Point. We started off the DEM lot (not by the docks; we like to call it Bull Hoof) and went around the corner exiting by the wall on the other side. Nice dive and at around 81ft the temps were about 42Fish... We found the anchor that's over there (stay at around 70 - 75 ft when doing the dive) as well.

Second dive at Wetherill was good. Nice long dive (53min) although by the end we were both very cold probably due to being slightly chilled already from the first dive.

Nice day though and the water temps are going up :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom