Help with Nikonos Multi - Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnoldb3

New
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question about using my Nikonos V with a 2 strobe set-up. I own a SB-105 and recently purchased a SB-102. I plan on using these next week in Bonaire and have a dual sync cord. The question is simply since these are two different model strobes, will they work properly in TTL mode. Also, which one should be hooked up to the primary lead (black cable) and which to the secondary lead (grey cable) or does it make any difference. I would really appreciate anyone's help !!!!

Arnoldb3

The two strobes do have different amounts of power. The TTL should be fine, if it is working properly. Do a TTL test first before adding film, advance camera to 1 point strobe directly at lens and fire, should get a very tiny amount of light. Then cover the lens and fire strobe away from camera, should get a full dump. If that is happening then your TTL is good and you shouldn't have any probs for fish portraits and macro, WA on the other hand...TTL not so good.
Black is main and Grey is secondary. THis doesn't matter on manual but may do so on TTL

Have fun and definitely develop a roll or three after your first day or two while you are there to make sure everything is working properly
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom